Follow @dhandashaista

Saturday 7 October 2017

The Flute Seller

Reference - I was sitting outside my home and suddenly heard a magical and melodious sound. This post is a reminder to ourselves to take out time to listen to the enchanting music of Nature and value artists in our vicinity.

A cup of cappuccino and a book;
Picture Courtesy- Sumiran Caprihan
I sit in the garden at a nook.

Chatter of the people,
twitter of the birds,
dogs bark and cats purr.
Trees shed the leaves on the earth.

Musical instrument afar is heard.
"It's a flute!" I abruptly jump and 
run towards the man;
who holds a bunch of flutes.

I call him out and he gives me a look;
disappointed with me he was
as I didn't wish to buy his flutes.

I asked him, Would you like to earn by playing the flute?"
He answered, "That's not my job. 
It is to sell the flute.
Many like you have asked me to play 
but I don't wish to.

My job is only to sell the flute."

No comments: