Follow @dhandashaista

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Ahilya Fort Maheshwar

6 March 2018 
Ahilya Fort Maheshwar

While watching the Maheshwar pictures on my laptop, I stopped scrolling and paused at this one. The woman’s loving eyes and the warmth of the moment made me think about the crossroads of life. 
We meet people, make friends and sometimes just exchange glances, a smile or hold hands. Maheshwar has always been one of my favourite places as I love to sit at the Narmada ghats in the evenings, watch the setting sun, birds moving towards their nests, give food to the fish, listen to the chanting of the mantras praising the Holy Narmada river. 
While walking down the stairs, I saw a woman climbing down the stairs of the majestic Ahilya Fort unsteadily. I clasped her hand tightly to give confidence to her shaky legs and unconfident gait.
The picture is a witness of her eyes pouring motherly love towards me. 
Whenever I visit Maheshwar the next time, my searching eyes would look for her to share a cup of tea with her or we would give food to the fish together by sitting at the ghats of the river Narmada. 

PC - @abuzar Your sensitivity to feel the emotions has given me a moment to cherish forever.

No comments: