Follow @dhandashaista

Sunday 17 February 2013

HORRENDOUS EXPERIENCE OF TRAVELLING BY TRAIN IN INDIA

I was too excited as I was heading to my home, Agra. But as soon as I stepped inside Tapti Ganga Express my mood drastically transformed from a blissful one to cheerless. Firstly, as I saw the train boarding at Khandwa station I got petrified gazing at the throng of people at the doors of the train and inside it. I had to get inside swiftly as the train pauses there only for two minutes. I took my seat which was already occupied by two people. I wanted to tell the individuals to get up from there but in the entire coach the site was the same. A coach has 72 seats but more than 100 people were swarmed. The filthy stares of the men forcefully made me write about MY nauseating experience. I was getting bothered and started anticipating for the ticket collector to look into the matter. When I saw him approaching, mixed thoughts came into my mind. I knew he would do NOTHING about it. At the same time I imagined him as a dutiful Government servant who would fine all the extra people in the coach. Nothing like that happened and he passed away from the coach like a BLIND man. The carefree attitude of the Railways provoked and aggravated my frustration with the disgraceful stares of the men who made me feel insecure and unconfident about myself. I am posting a video which says, 
 MERA THARKI INDIA..Do watch it and ponder over it.


  The onus lies on all of us in changing the society. I am probably doing my bit by writing. As it is aptly said,
 PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD.

No comments: