Follow @dhandashaista

Thursday 16 February 2017

Woman

Woman

Like the magnetic force
her eyes pulled me closer 
She is an artist's creation
and a living woman.

 The frown and dishevelled hair
distressing worries in her eyes.
Then I  looked at her lips
there was no trace of a smile.

The bindi is not her own
all bought by the husband.
She's not even hers anymore.
She wants to talk but 
who is her own?

Her eyes speak volumes
A tornado of upsetting thoughts 
She stays with me tonight 
in my dreams, memories 
and the artist's world now.

P.S - These lines are inspired by Mr Baijnath's creation of a painting of a distressed Indian married woman. Mr Baijnath is an experienced and exceptional artist based in Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh. I visited his 'Rangakriti Art Gallery today (16/2/2017) and these are my afterthoughts.









No comments: