Follow @dhandashaista

Thursday 29 March 2018

Inspirational Teenagers

I met these boys in February just a few days before the second open mic I had organised in Khandwa. Nitin’s (dancer) uncle is an employee at the hotel grand barrack who is extremely supportive and proud of these boys.

I still remember clearly the night of the first open mic (13.1.2018) in Khandwa. 

Sumiran and I had decided to organise the event for the city. Our main motive was to give an audience to the performers. 

The evening was planned for the poets, storytellers, musicians and singers. Even I got a stage to share my thoughts, emotions and poetry.

During the first open mic, Mithun, our employee kept on insisting me to call the boys for the dance performance. It wasn’t an event for the dancers and I hadn’t seen the boys dance too. At that point, I promised him to see the dance performance soon. 

In February, just a few days before the open mic, few boys from the GN Dance Crew came at 5 in the evening and surprised my primary students and me with their passion towards dance, precise moves and foot tapping music and especially their stylish hairdos. 

17th February 2018 will remain a memorable evening for the performers and the audience too. These boys performed thrice and the audience was enchanted by their moves and the story of their life. The boys have auditioned in Mumbai for dance reality shows and run a dance academy in Khandwa. They save money to beautify the dance class, train journey from Khandwa - Mumbai - Khandwa and everything else. 

I am proud of these teenagers who are independent, passionate about their dreams and set an example for the teenagers. Their dream is to make Khandwa proud and they are working towards it with rigorous practice on a daily basis at their dance studio. 

These young artists are mentors at one of the summer camps held in Khandwa too. I am grateful to the kidtastic 2018 management team for giving them a chance to prove themselves and proud of these boys. 


Sometimes, we don’t know what we want. Open your eyes, look within and the universe will show you the light. 

No comments: