Follow @dhandashaista

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Bibliophile

24.4.2018

Bibliophile

Colourful book covers,
Lifesaving quotes 

The cupboard is a magic dose.

The books peep out emotional journeys,
The successes and the failures,
The complex characters and soulful poetry.

I breathe,
the smell of ink imprinted on the pages of the new;
The dust settled in between the pages of a few.

Cleaning the cupboard is like unfolding the pages of life,
The images of reading a book flash in my mind.

While travelling or embracing the silence of the nights 
I have read many in my life.

Sitting in the high school library,
Gazing at the books as a child,

Touching the pages of flap books
The bright colours and soft fingers 
Run in my mind.

I read and borrow them 
to the old and the young,

The list never ends of buying a few;

Books are like moving images 
And the eyes are a camera for the few.

No comments: